Important briefings for members on probity and best practice advice for dentists are being held around the country during March and April 2016. The Roadshow, which is open to IDA members only, is entitled Probity and best practice for dentists: IDA Briefing for Members.
Members should bring a copy of their membership card to ensure admission to the meeting.
The meetings will feature a presentation by IDA Chief Executive, Fintan Hourihan and, where possible, a dentist with relevant expertise, followed by a Q and A session and will include information on:
- Probity and best practice – general advice
- Third party dental schemes (e.g. HSE, Social Welfare schemes) and probity
- HSE view on probity / issues of concern
- Views of dental defence bodies
- Contractual provisions re HSE probity investigations / Examining Dentist scheme
- DTSS audits and investigations – lessons from recent case studies
- Advice on how to deal with third party audits / investigations
- Role of the IDA / how we can help
- Presentation by dentist familiar with probity matters
- Q and A session
Date and Venues
Kerry Branch: Manor West Hotel, Tralee
Thursday March 3rd – 7:00 pm
Munster Branch: Maryborough House Hotel, Cork
Monday March 7th – 7:00
South Eastern Branch Ormond Hotel, Kilkenny
Tuesday March 15th – 7.30
Metropolitan Branch: Hilton Hotel, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2.
Tuesday March 22nd – 7:30
Western Branch Harlequin Hotel, Castlebar
Wednesday March 23rd – 7:30 pm
North Western Branch Clarion Hotel, Sligo
Thursday March 24th – 7:30pm
North Munster Branch Strand Hotel, Limerick
Tuesday March 29th – 7:30 pm
North Eastern Branch Nuremore Hotel, Carrickmacross
Wednesday April 6th – 7:30 pm
Midland Area Sheraton Hotel, Athlone
Wednesday April 13th – 7:30 pm
Further details will issue to members in the coming weeks. Please contact IDA House for more information.