The IDA will be hosting the following webinar, titled 'Sleep Apnoea; Dental Sleep Medicine Overview' on Wednesday 26th January 2022 at 8pm. The webinar will be hosted by Dr Edward Owens.
This presentation aims to provide an introductory overview to Dental Sleep Medicine and aims to address the following questions:
- What has dentistry to do with sleep medicine?
- What is sleep disordered breathing (SDB) how it diagnosed and why it is medically significant?
- How do dentists collaborate in the management of SDB presentations?
- What is oral appliance therapy (OAT) its mechanism of action, scope, and limitations?
- Are there significant side effects to OAT and how are these managed?
- What are the considerations around patient selection from a dental perspective?
- What are some of the newer technologies impacting this area of practice?
This webinar is worth 1 CPD Point.