Sheraton Hotel, Athlone
This year the IDA seminar for HSE Dental Surgeons goes to the heart of the country to the town of Athlone on the banks of the river Shannon.We are delighted to welcome well known national and international speakers at this year’s event, including:
- Dr Aifric Ní Chaollaí, who will speak on Treatment planning in paediatric dentistry
- Dr Caoimhin MacGiolla Phadraig presenting on Special Care Dentistry
- Dr Evelyn Connolly will speak on Management of dental trauma
- Dr John Walsh will speak on Behaviour Management of Paediatric Patients.
- Dr Donal McDonnell will provide a lecture on Radiology in trauma cases
- Dr Mary O’Farrell will present on Oral Health Promotion.
- Dr Mary Clarke, will discuss complications of dental extractions.
- Dr Alison Dougall will give us an update on Medical Emergencies.
- Dr Robert Jagger, Bristol University will present on prosthetics for the elderly patient
- Dr David Croser, Dental Protection will speak on Blood Borne Viruses.
Other speakers will be confirmed later in the summer.Dr Dympna Kavanagh, Interim Oral Health Lead, HSE will officially open the seminar and give a presentation on the HSE dental service reform plan.We are delighted to continue with our “Team Day” on Thursday 13th October and we hope that all members of the dental team will come along and enjoy the scientific lectures and full trade show.As usual, we will have a fun packed social programme, culminating with our annual dinner on Thursday evening, with drinks reception, dinner and dancing – a fun, sociable night for all to attend!
Put the dates in your Diary today: October 12 -14, 2011, in Athlone. See you there!